Florette has a fab Halloween recipe, which we believe is exactly what you’re looking for. A fun activity for all the family that ends in a delicious meal – what more could you ask for?
Their most recent venture is the below salad with a side of potato pancakes! Just in time for Halloween, this recipe offers a spooky yet nutritious take on a simple meal and is sure to look incredible on any dinner table.
Devilled Beetroot & Horseradish Salad, Warm Potato Pancakes
200g Florette cooked beetroot
20ml Olive oil
50ml Horseradish sauce
50g Mash Potato
50g Plain flour
For the salad
* Dice the Florette cooked beetroot and place into a clean mixing bowl.
* Finely chop the parsley and add to the beetroot.
* Add the olive oil and mix well.
For the Warm Potato Pancakes
* Place the cold mash potato into a clean mixing bowl with the flour.
* Finely slice the chives and add to the bowl along with a little salt.
* Separate the egg white and yolk, add the yolk to the bowl.
* Add the milk and mix altogether until a smooth paste is formed.
* In a separate clean bowl, whisk the egg white until double in size and soft peaks are formed.
* Gentle fold the whipped white into the mixture.
* Heat the oil in a frying pan.
* Spoon the mixture into the pan to form small pancakes.
* Cook until the bottom side is golden, flip over and finish cooking until the second side is golden, remove from the pan. Mixture should make 8 small pancakes.
* To serve place the potato cakes on the plate, top with the beetroot, drizzle over the horseradish sauce.