PEACH, ORANGE AND PASSION FRUIT PANCAKES
Recipe by Fiona Hunter
400g pot Nature’s Finest Peaches in juice, drained
Zest and juice of 1 orange
1 tsp arrowroot
4 passion fruit, seeds removed
For the pancakes:
135g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp granulated sugar sweetener, such as, Canderel
120mls semi skimmed milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp raspseed oil plus extra from frying
fresh mint to decorate
1. Drain the peaches, reserve the juice and cut up the fruit. Place the juice, with the zest and juice of the orange in a small pan, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10mins. Mix the arrowroot with 1 tsp of cold water and add to the juice. Stir in the passion fruit.
2. To make the pancakes sift the flour, baking powder, sweetener and salt into a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk the egg, milk and oil.
3. Pour the milk mixture into the flour and using a fork beat until you have a smooth batter.
4. Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat, when the pan is hot wipe the surface with some oiled kitchen paper. Add a ladleful of batter and cook, wait until the surface of the pancake begins to bubble then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden, and pancake has risen Remove the pancake from the pan and keep warm while you cook the rest of the pancakes.
5. Stack the pancakes on a plate, top with the peaches and decorate with a sprig of fresh mint. Transfer the fruit sauce into a sauce jug and serve alongside the pancakes